Because of its Kerlon 1800 outer tent material, 10 mm poles and completely free standing design, the Hilleberg Staika excels on any journey where absolute strength is the highest priority, and where terrain could create difficult pitching conditions. Easy to pitch and fully able to handle heavy snow loading, the Staika will serve admirably in both exposed and/or above tree line and protected terrain, year ~round, in any and all weather conditions. And thanks to its spacious two door/two vestibule design and excellent static strength, it makes a superb base camp tent, where users will leave the tent unattended for extended periods of time.
Specifications for Hilleberg Staika 2 Tent – 2 Person, 4 Season:
||35.5 sq ft / 3.2 sq m
||7 x 19 in / 18 x 48 cm
||19.4 sq ft / 1.8 sq m
||70D Nylon, Triple Coated PU 10000mm
|Rain Fly Material:
||Kerlon 1800 40D Ripstop Nylon
|Tents and Shelters Application:
||Mountaineering, Backpacking, Camping
||Mountaineering, Camping, Backpacking
Features of Hilleberg Staika 2 Tent:
- The Staikas dome design is completely free standing, and the vestibules are included in the self-supporting structure.
- Its innovative short pole sleeve and clip system construction, same length poles, and linked inner and outer tents make for simple and quick set up.
- Its design allows for a very compact footprint without sacrificing interior roominess.
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and three 10 mm poles in true dome configuration make for an exceptionally stable tent with outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- Pitching requires no pegs, but 16 peg points provide options for increasing stability: six loops at each pole end, one point on each of the four non-door outer tent panels, and six double guy lines with double line runners, one along each pole line.
- Both the floor space and head room are quite spacious thanks to the three pole structure and dome design.
- Two entrances and two vestibules afford tremendous convenience, flexibility and comfort. And the two vestibules are parallel to the sleeping area, so access to gear stored there is wonderfully convenient you can even get at it while lying in your sleeping bag!
- Dual entrances ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind.