2021 Yamaha VK540 2-Up Touring Utility Snowmobile
Hard Working In All Conditions
A hard-working, dependable snowmobile built to withstand any environment.
- 540cc 2-Stroke Fan-Cooled Engine: A proven 540cc 2-stroke twin engine powers this ultra dependable utility snowmobile. Based on the legendary 540cc engine, Yamaha engineers improved midrange torque and reduced fuel consumption by nearly 25%, meeting current emissions standards with even more reliability.
- Heated Mikuni TM33 Carburetor: The heated Mikuni TM33 flat slide carburetor delivers crisp throttle response while the small dual electronic heater coils in the carburetor body stabilize idle speed and reduce plug fouling. Together, these efficient carburetors help deliver great fuel economy and reliability.
- Dual-Bulb Headlight: Featuring a fully integrated dual-bulb headlight, the twin headlights throws more light on the trail than before.
- Hi-Output Stator Ring Design: Designed to manufacture twice the electrical output, the 400 watt multi-coil stator ring powers the new carb heaters, the twin-bulb headlight, the hand warmers and many other accessories.
- Large Capacity Fuel Tank: The VK540’s fuel tank offers extended range and expanded work capability. Boasting a capacity of 11.6 usg / 44 L, you’ll see nearly double the range on a single tank of fuel, compared to the original VK540.
- Pro Comfort Suspension: Whether you’re riding one- or two-up or hauling a heavy payload, the dual-shock, fully-coupled suspension features a simple and effective flip-lever torsion spring adjustment. A 40mm, High Pressure Gas (HPG) shock provides exceptional control, fade resistance and maximum work abilities.
- LED Taillight: With a significantly longer lifespan, the high-intensity LED brake light is lighter and brighter than a traditional incandescent design.
- Workforce Mirrors: Functional mirrors tout a large viewing area, making it easier to see what lies behind. The mirrors are mounted on the interior side of the Protective Windshield to shield them from potential damage.
- Tunnel Design: The tunnel design includes large snow evacuation holes on running boards with traction and is built out of lightweight, high-tensile steel for durability in the toughest conditions.
- Protective Windshield: A wide, tall, wrap-around windshield delivers great protection from the elements as well as unsuspecting tree branches and limbs. Tested in wind tunnels, the windshield reduces unwanted, negative swirl and delivers a greater “pocket” of comfort for all riders.
- Standard Electric Start: The seamless and easy-to-use electric start delivers instant and hassle-free starts, no matter the weather, eliminating the need for an “old-school” pull rope.
- Standard Tow Hitch: The standard factory rear-mounted tow hitch is ready for any additional gear or occasional light-duty work.
- Expansive Under-Seat Storage: Under the hinged, flip-up seat, the large under-seat storage touts an integrated tool kit and room for much more.
- Three Speed Transmission: The Hi/Lo transmission with reverse is a workhorse one minute and a versatile trail cruiser the next. With a simple-to-use manual actuated lever, you can select from “normal” high range for cruising to low range for pulling heavy loads.
- Special Clutch Calibration: With smooth engagement and roll out, the clutch calibration maximizes ability and utility, without sacrificing operational performance.
- Camoplast 1.5 Cobra Wide Track: With confidence-inspiring deep snow flotation and powerful pulling force, the 20″ x 154″ x 1.5″ Cobra track maximize all available snow. The 1.5″ lug is perfect for those low-speed or high-load situations.
- TSS Front Suspension: Telescopic struts offer the ultimate solution for deep snow mobility and durability.
- High Flotation UHMW Skis: Wide skis add flotation when traveling off-trail while the engineered keel provides predictable and easy-to-steer handling.
- Engine Type: 2-Stroke / 535cc
- Engine Class: Utility
- Clutch / Transmission: YXRC, 3-Speed Transmission
- Fuel Delivery: TM33 carburetor, heated
- Fuel Capacity: 11.6 gal.. (44 L)
- Front Suspension: TSS
- Front Shocks: Hydraulic, Gas Cell
- Front Travel: 5.9″ (150 mm)
- Ski Type: Wide Utility
- Rear Suspension: Pro Comfort Suspension with Flip-Up Rails
- Rear Shock(s): Hydraulic, Gas Cell
- Rear Travel: 10.9″ (278 mm)
- Center Shock: Hydraulic, Gas Cell
- Track / W x L x H: 20″ x 154″ x 1.5″
- Track Type: Camso Cobra WT
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 37.8″ (960 mm)
- Electric Start: Standard with Recoil Back-Up
- Reverse: Standard
- Headlight: Halogen
- DC Output: Automotive