2021 Yamaha SXVenom Trail Snowmobile
Light, Affordable…and Fun!
For those new or returning riders, SXVenom is back to basics.
- 2-Stroke, Single Cylinder, Liquid Cooled EFI Engine: The new hi-tech 397cc engine has all the features you’d expect to find in a top-of-the-line sled: computerized ignition (ECM), 3-stage exhaust power valve, batteryless fuel injection, electronic oil-injection and electric start. Tuned exhaust with EPTS (exhaust pipe temperature sensor) and a detonation sensor work together for reliable performance. A lightweight, counter-balance shaft handles unwanted vibration to deliver a smooth, wide range of power.
- Lightweight Chassis: Designed to keep the weight down, the new alloy chassis uses minimal parts without compromising durability or function.
- Digital Gauge: The compact digital gauge displays speed, RPM, fuel level, hours while light indicators warn against any oil or engine temperature issues.
- CVTech Drive System: The sensor monitors cylinder vibration to signal the ECM in the event of combustion detonation due to improper fuel or running conditions so that timing can be adjusted to prevent engine damage.
- Rear Suspension: Torsion springs and twin tube shocks offer 10.7″ of rear suspension comfort.
- 121″ x 14″ Camso Hacksaw Track: The lightweight 121″ track is slightly narrower with shorter lugs for agility and balanced-handling.
- Modern: A modern snowmobile with the weight of a 30 year old fan-cooled sled opens the door for a whole new era in snowmobiling function and fun.
- Push Button Reverse: With just the push of your thumb, you can easily shift to and from reverse. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently while an audible warning beeper reminds you when the system is still in reverse.
- Handlebar and Thumb Warmers: Adjustable handlebar and throttle lever warmers come standard.
- Large Capacity Fuel Tank: The 11.7 gal / 44L fuel capacity, coupled with the EFI engine, means extended operating range.
- Electric Start: Turnkey electric starter provides quick and reliable ignition in all conditions.
- Race Screen: The 4″ race screen is the perfect size to deflect snow away from the console.
- Premium Seat: The seat is designed for mobility during aggressive cornering, smooth transitions through bumps and comfort during long rides.
- Power Valve System: Based on the RPM, the power valve system adapts the exhaust port opening for maximum torque and fuel efficiency.
- CVTech Trail Bloc Drive Clutch and Invance Driven Clutch: The CVTech Trail Bloc drive clutch and Invance driven clutch provides reliable, low-temperature operation with wide ratio performance. The small diameter main bearing allows the belt to sit lower in the primary for a super low first gear, creating a wider ratio transmission through the secondary pulley to efficiently pull every pony out of the compact engine.
- EFI Engine: Based on the engine RPM, electronic fuel injection provides efficient fuel delivery at two different injection points in the cylinder for maximum torque and response. The computerized fuel injection ensures reliable cold weather starting and maximum fuel range with low exhaust gas emissions.
- Hayes Performance Brakes: The strong Hayes hydraulic Stealth brake master-cylinder is equipped with a composite Stealth brake lever and lightweight caliper which provides great modulation for a better feel and powerful stopping performance.
- Lightweight: The compact powerplant weighs in under 50 lbs, packing a mighty punch with its class-leading hp to weight ratio.
- Liquid Cooled Engine: With alloy bulk-head and tunnel heat exchangers, the engine stays cool when things heat up.
- NEW ‘Stryke’ Single Keel Ski: The new Yamaha design, single keel ski, strikes the elusive balance between lightweight steering effort and precision handling over a wide range of snow conditions. Unique, staggered carbides further enhance steering response. A unique shim pad assembly works in conjunction with the rubber saddle block to adjust the carbide pressure point. Overall ski stance is also adjustable by relocating the thick spacer located on each ski axle to the opposite side.
- Tall Handle bars: The 4.5 inch riser block positions the hooked end bars within easy reach whether seated or standing.
- 38-Inch SRV Front Suspension: Derived from the sleek SRV-M Front Suspension, this new lightweight design is ultra compact to reduce unwanted spindle and suspension component drag in deep snow. The neutral stance allows for great maneuverability in tight terrain along with predictable manners on the trail. The lightweight, forged aluminum spindles join the widely spaced upper and lower control arms producing a large caster angle for tight turning and ease of steering. .
- ‘Punched’ Running Boards: The light-weight running boards are designed to shed snow and are serrated to give good hold when standing for confident maneuverability.
- Engine Type: 2-Stroke / 397cc
- Engine Class: Mid Performance
- Clutch / Transmission: CV TECH
- Fuel Delivery: Batteryless Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel Capacity: 11.7 gal. (44 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: Hydraulic Twin Tube
- Front Travel: 7.2″ (183mm)
- Ski Type: Yamaha Stryke Single Keel
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SX 121
- Rear Shock(s): Hydraulic Twin Tube
- Rear Travel: 10.7″ (272mm)
- Center Shock: Hydraulic Twin Tube
- Track / W x L x H: 14″ x 121″ x 1″
- Track Type: Camso Hacksaw
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 38″ (965mm) adjustable
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Headlight: Halogen