2021 Yamaha SXVenom Mountain Snowmobile
Enjoy The Altitude
Explore the mountains with big sled features in a nimble little package.
- 2-Stroke, Single Cylinder, Liquid Cooled EFI Engine: The new hi-tech 397cc engine has all the features you’d expect to find in a top-of-the-line sled: computerized ignition (ECM), 3-stage exhaust power valve, batteryless fuel injection, electronic oil-injection and electric start. Tuned exhaust with EPTS (exhaust pop temperature sensor) and a detonation sensor work together for reliable performance. A lightweight, counter-balance shaft handles unwanted vibration to deliver a smooth, wide range of power.
- Lightweight Chassis: Designed to keep the weight down, the new alloy chassis uses minimal parts without compromising durability or function.
- Digital Gauge: The compact digital gauge displays speed, RPM, fuel level, hours while light indicators warn against any oil or engine temperature issues.
- New Mountain Single Beam Suspension: Featuring a lightweight single beam skid frame, the 12″ rear suspension provides exceptional handling in deep and steep conditions. The advanced single pivot at the midpoint of the single rail results in track flexibility and precise handling. It’s never been easier to throw a curve, regardless of pitch or incline. Ten pounds lights, the single rail system doesn’t trap snow compared to dual rail suspensions, making the sled much lighter.
- 146″ x 2″ Challenger Track: The durable Challenger track teams up with the single rail skid-frame to carve and hook like nothing else in its class. Based on the reduced weight and size of the SX Venom Mountain, the 146″ track has the perfect footprint to go anywhere.
- CVTech Drive System: The sensor monitors cylinder vibration to signal the ECM in the event of combustion detonation due to improper fuel or running conditions so that timing can be adjusted to prevent engine damage.
- Modern: A modern snowmobile with the weight of a 30 year old fan-cooled sled opens the door for a whole new era in snowmobiling function and fun.
- Push Button Reverse: With just the push of your thumb, you can easily shift to and from reverse. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently while an audible warning beeper reminds you when the system is still in reverse.
- Handlebar and Thumb Warmers: Adjustable handlebar and throttle lever warmers come standard.
- Large Capacity Fuel Tank: The 11.7 gal / 44L fuel capacity, coupled with the EFI engine, means extended operating range.
- Electric Start: Turnkey electric starter provides quick and reliable ignition in all conditions.
- Race Screen: The 4″ race screen is the perfect size to deflect snow away from the console.
- Versatile Seat: Designed for easy transitions from sitting to standing, the seat’s tapered sides ease the movement from side to side, whether on or off the trail. A passenger seat can also be easily installed for 2-up versatility.
- Twin Tube Shocks: Twin tube shocks provide ample adjustment and ride comfort.
- Power Valve System: Based on the RPM, the power valve system adapts the exhaust port opening for maximum torque and fuel efficiency.
- EFI Engine: Based on the engine RPM, electronic fuel injection provides efficient fuel delivery at two different injection points in the cylinder for maximum torque and response. The computerized fuel injection ensures reliable cold weather starting and maximum fuel range with low exhaust gas emissions.
- CVTech Trail Bloc Drive Clutch and Invance Driven Clutch: The CVTech Trail Bloc drive clutch and Invance driven clutch provides reliable, low-temperature operation with wide ratio performance. The small diameter main bearing allows the belt to sit lower in the primary for a super low first gear, creating a wider ratio transmission through the secondary pulley to efficiently pull every pony out of the compact engine.
- Hayes Performance Brakes: The strong Hayes hydraulic Stealth brake master-cylinder is equipped with a composite Stealth brake lever and lightweight caliper which provides great modulation for a better feel and powerful stopping performance.
- Lightweight: The compact powerplant weighs in under 50 lbs, packing a mighty punch with its class-leading hp to weight ratio.
- Liquid Cooled Engine: With alloy bulk-head and tunnel heat exchangers, the engine stays cool when things heat up.
- Yamaha Mountain Ski: The lightweight Yamaha Mountain ski delivers everything you want in a deep snow ski. Its wide footprint enhances flotation and actively lifts the sled’s nose up in deep powder. Traction lugs on the top of the ski give a sure foothold when it gets really gnarly. The wide and deep keel design deliver light steering effort yet confident and predictable handling, whether it’s hard-packed snow or fresh fluff.
- Tall Handlebars: The 4.5″ riser block positions the hooked end bars with mountain strap for easy reach, whether sitting or standing.
- New Mountain Single Beam Suspension: Derived from the sleek SRV-M Front Suspension, this new lightweight design is ultra compact to reduce unwanted spindle and suspension drag in deep snow. The neutral stance allows for great maneuverability in tight terrain along with predictable manners on the trail. The lightweight, forged aluminum spindles join the widely-spaced upper and lower control arms which produce a large caster angle for tight turning and easy steering.
- Running Boards: The lightweight and serrated running boards shed snow and have great hold when standing.
- Engine Type: 2-Stroke / 397cc
- Engine Class: Mid Performance
- Clutch: CV TECH
- Fuel Delivery: Batteryless Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel Capacity: 11.7 gal. (44 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: Hydraulic Twin Tube
- Front Travel: 8.3″ (211mm)
- Ski Type: Yamaha Mountain
- Rear Suspension: Mountain Single Beam
- Rear Shock(s): Hydraulic Twin Tube
- Rear Travel: 12″ (305mm)
- Center Shock: Hydraulic Twin Tube
- Track / W x L x H: 15″ x 146″ x 2″
- Track Type: Camso Challenger
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 38″ (965mm) adjustable
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Headlight: Halogen